Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving themed art and activities

Art
1. Turkey - We made this turkey from a pinecone. We used the pinecone as the body and I had vut the head, beak, wattle and feet from the construction paper. Then we added feathers

2. Corn - I had cut the corn and the husk from the construction paper and R made kernels by finger painting them.

3. Cornucopia - Aren't these so nice? R made this from ripped tiisue papers for all his teachers at school. I got the cornucopia print frrom Lakeshore's teachers corner page.



Activities


1. Turkey clothespin - This is a good fine motor skill practice game. I got the idea and print from Pre-K pages.
Basically, you write the lowercase letters on the clothespin and then you have to pin the lowercase letters to the uppercase letters on the board.

2. Letter sound match - The idea actually came from Pre-K pages,  but I used the letter cards which I had printed before the prekinders.com. I had the prints of the turkey and I sticked letter stickers on them and I gave the picture cards to R to match the beginning sound to the letters on the turkey. It was fun.

3. Graph - I got this graph from www.heidisongs.com . It was a good sheet to explain more and less concepts to R.

No comments:

Post a Comment