Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Crafts and Activities

Book we read -
Thats what leprechaun do by Eve Bunting

We made this garland of shamrocks inspired from Notimeforflashcards. First I had cut shamrocks from the coffee filters. R mixed yellow and blue to make green color and then we also added golden glitter on top.


We also did a basic shamrock sun catcher. Cut the construction paper with a shamrock template and paste contact paper on the paper and then stick tissue papers on the contact paper.

 I also made a sensory box for the St.Patrick's theme by putting green color rice, yellow lentils, Green pom poms, gold coins, tongs and cups.

We did some letter wriitng practice. I wrote the theme words with a highlighter and asked R to trace them first and then copy them in the blank boxes below. I was surprised at how his handwriting has improved. Some of the words were just so fine.

We also did a Leprechaun craft from a paper plate with orange beard and green hat.

We had a rainbow craft with VIBGYOR colors.
I drew the rainbow with the markers and made R paste the tissue papers, pompoms, scrapped papers and buttons. R really enjoyed doing this especially pasting the buttons. It came out beautiful too.



We did some counting too. Since R had been counting good things 10 or so I decided to work on things above 10. I got the print from Musings of me, She has wonderful packs for various themes.


We also did an activity to focus on phonics. R had to separate the pictures starting with sh and those which don't. He really enjoyed that. I got the print from makinglearningfun.

We also played a game of roll and color. I got the game from makinglearningfun

Finding the four leaf clover. Print is from Kidssoup


Treasure hunting for gold coins. I had written clues on sticky notes and hidden gold coins and then gold coin candy in the last clue. R really enjoyed it.

Size sorting shamrocks in small, medium and large. The print was makinglearningfun












No comments:

Post a Comment